20.11.06

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)



"Take a stand."

PG-13

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellan, Famke Janssen, Anna Paquin, Kelsey Grammer, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Shawn Ashmore, Aaron Stanford, Vinnie Jones, Patrick Stewart, Ben Foster, Ellen Page, and Daniel Cudmore.

The third installment of the X-Men series is packed with tons of action and characters. After a "Cure" is made that can reverse the mutant gene, a resistance grows, and The Brotherhood eventually become violent. The X-Men of course come to the rescue, partially for the rest of the homo sapiens, and partially for their estranged teammate, Jean Grey, now known as The Phoenix.

I was literally like peeing myself waiting for this movie. I like it a lot, but I mean, sure, I didn't rush out and buy it or anything. It's got the most action of all the movies, that's for sure. I wan't the biggest fan of all the characters. I mean, they could've been there, but they didn't need to have specific parts, like Angel, for example. I did like the addition of Best though, since he technically was one of the original 5 X-Men. What the hell was up with Phoenix? They were heading the right direction in in X2: X-Men United with the fiery aura around Jean as she used her powers, and the glowing eyes. Now, Ratner made her into some scary, dark eyed, veiny bitch. What the hell? That is what disappointed me the most, above the fact that they didn't END the series, even though they went into it knowing there wasn't going to be another movie. Sigh...I love my X-Men.

**** 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Recommended if you liked: Spiderman, Elektra, X2: X-Men United, and The Fantastic Four.

No comments: