20.11.06

The Dark Corner (1946)



"Save your lipstick, girls, he plays for keeps."

Not Rated

Starring: Lucille Ball, Clifton Webb, William Bendix, and Mark Stevens.

It's funny how I actually came across this movie. I was having trouble sleeping, so I turned on a black and white movie, thinking it would put me to sleep. Turns out, it was a really good monocolor movie! Lucille Ball stars as Clifton Webb's secretary, and aides in helping him clear himself of the muder he has been accused.

I loved seeing Lucille Ball NOT playing Lucy. I actually had never seen her in anything else, and it was nice to see she was actually a versatile actress. Clifton Webb is dreamy, and I miss the class and savvy that actors back then carried with them. They don't capture those things in films anymore.

**** 4 out of 5 stars

Reccomended if you liked: Clue, Muholland Drive, The Lucy Show.

No comments: