20.11.06

Red Corner (1997)



"Severity for those who resist."

Rated R.

Starring: Richard Gere, Ling Bai, Bradley Whitford, and Byron Mann.

Richard Gere stars as a man who travels to China to solidify and close a big business deal. In the process, he meets a woman, who he brings home and sleeps with. The following morning, she's dead, and he's the only suspect.

I had seen this movie before when it came out in theatres, and didn't remember a damn thing about it. Generally, this means that I didn't like the movie, so I pushed it out of my mind. Well, that was pretty much right. Not only did it piss me off that there was SO much untranslated Chinese, but the acting sucked. His lawyer was adorable, and I think she's actually a pretty big actress there now.

** 2 out of 5 stars.

Recommended if you liked: Brokedown Palace.

No comments: